About this event
Impulse is excited for our grand return, on October 9th at the Opera House, we will be bringing you our best in a responsible manner for the weird that is 2021. We all miss Halloween, and we are looking forward to kicking off the spooky season with you all.
On the topic of safety we will be making the following modifications to our event:
We will be following all provincial legislation in regards to event spaces.
- Ticket sales will be pre-sale only and limited to 200. This is less than a third of the venue capacity.
- The dungeon equipment will be reduced by 50%
- There will be contact tracing sign-in at the venue
- Refunds will be available up to the day before if you have any covid symptoms PLEASE STAY HOME.
- There will be colour coded wristbands to highlight considerations towards personal space, this is in addition to our expectations towards respectable consent behaviours of all our guests. Green: I am comfortable with close engagements, but ask first. Yellow: I may not be comfortable with close engagements, ask first. Red: I am not comfortable with people in my space.
- We highly advise all attendees to have both shots 2 weeks before the event
- Mask’s covering the mouth are mandatory indoors, as per provincial guidelines, please ensure you wear yours whenever possible.
The reality is that come fall, covid cases will be on the rise. We will be keeping an eye on this and follow provincial guidelines on safety. If Impulse: Descent cannot proceed safely by decision of the organizers or by the provincial government, full refunds will be given out to all guests or tickets to our next event in-lieu.
NOW ONTO THE SHOW!
Impulse: Descent is our tribute to the twisted, the macabre, and we are excited to kick off the Halloween season for Toronto in the best way we know-how. A night featuring performances by some of the country’s most gifted circus, kink and burlesque performers.
Squid Lid – Live DJ set
Lou Lou la Duchesse de Rière – Voted #1 Burlesque performer in Canada
Fenton – Aerial Straps
More to be announced
Tickets – Capped at 200.
Doors at 10pm
Dungeon opens at 10pm runs till 2am
Stage acts start around 11pm
Dressing up for Impulse Events is mandatory. If you’re a veteran of the scene or it’s your first time. The suggested dress code for Impulse Descent includes: Fetish, halloween, dark-twisted creatures, Cyberpunk, Cyber Goth, Latex, Leather, PVC, Rubber, Vinyl, Fetish Glam, Body Paint, Lingerie, Drag etc.
Impulse Event Rules
- Consent is Mandatory! If you haven’t asked express permission to touch or play with an individual, then that behavior is not acceptable until and unless you have gained their consent.
- Fetish dress code is in effect. Costumes and/or fetish wear is mandatory. If you are unsure of what is acceptable, reach out to the organizers.
- No activity of any kind that is deemed unsafe or illegal by staff or club security shall be allowed. No drug use, exposed genitalia, or outside alcohol is permitted.
- No photography allowed. Impulse will provide a photographer all night long to capture you in all your glory.
- If something concerns you, tell our Impulse ‘Ambassadors’ who can be identified by their glowing blue armbands or venue security. We will make all reasonable efforts to deal with situations with anonymity.
Impulse Dungeon Rules
- No photography is allowed of the Dungeon area, or its participants.
- Consent is mandatory- no touching unless explicitly permitted.
- Dungeon Masters (DM) can be identified by glowing red armbands. If you have any questions or concerns please refer to them. They have the final word on what is, and is not, allowed in the Dungeon.
- House safewords are RED for stop, YELLOW for caution. The DM will intervene if the involved persons do not respond appropriately. SAFEWORD will be considered a call for outside assistance.
- No blood-play, piercing, fire-play, urine, exposed genitals, or penetration is allowed. If a DM judges an activity to be dangerous, unsafe, or non-consensual they will intervene and if required remove involved persons from the Dungeon.
- Cleaning supplies and garbage cans are provided. Clean up after your scene, and make a reasonable effort not to make a mess. If your scene involves wax or oils, use a drop cloth.
- No interfering with a scene at any point. If you feel individuals are monopolizing a piece of equipment notify, the DM.
- We can only supply dungeon equipment on which to hold scenes. All personal instruments (including, but not restricted to: whips, paddles, crops, and floggers) must be supplied by the individual who will be using them.
BY PURCHASING A TICKET I AM CONFIRMING THE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT BELOW, YOU HEREBY AGREE AS FOLLOWS:
I acknowledge the contagious nature of the Coronavirus/COVID-19 and that Health Canada, the Government of Ontario and many other public health authorities still recommend practicing social distancing.
I further acknowledge that Impulse Events has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
I further acknowledge that Impulse Events cannot guarantee that I will not become infected with the Coronavirus/Covid-19 via my engagement and/or my attendance at Impulse Events and/or The Opera House Toronto.
I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to and/or infected by the Coronavirus/COVID-19 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, Impulse Events. personnel, talent, crew and any other individuals utilizing The Opera House.I voluntarily seek to engage Impulse Events to provide services to me and allow me to enter upon the Premises and acknowledge that I am increasing my risk of exposure to the Coronavirus/COVID-19 in doing so.
I acknowledge that I must comply with all guidelines and policies above to reduce the spread while receiving the Services and attending the Premises.
I hereby release and agree to hold Impulse Events., The Opera House, and their respective partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, associates, directors, officers, shareholders, employees, licensees and assigns harmless from, and waive on behalf of myself, my heirs, and any personal representatives any and all causes of action, claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses and compensation for damage or loss to myself and/or property that may arise in any way in connection with the Services, and the Premises..
I understand that this release discharges Impulse Events., and The Opera House, and from any liability or claim that I, my heirs, or any personal representatives may have against those parties with respect to any bodily injury, illness, death, medical treatment, or property damage that may arise from, or in connection to, any services provided to me.
- October 9
- $55.10 – $61.09
- Door Ticket:
- Age Limit:
- Show Time:
- Door Time: